Every month people visit 1.5 billion destinations related to what they searched for on Google. Mobile turned as the major source for these searches and instant connector with the world. The majority of People are using mobile devices for their searches than traditional desktops or laptops. Reports also say that this trend has increased since 2016.
If your business has a physical location, you know by now that mobile search is the new front door to your store. Whether it’s finding the closest hardware store or hunting down a late-night eatery, mobile instantly connects people with the world around them. – Google
Image source – Google blog
The following are the extracts of recent report from Google
People relying on mobile more than ever
- When people want to know, do, go, or buy, they are turning to their smartphones.
- There are more searches on mobile than on desktop.
- More than half of all web traffic now comes from smartphones
- 30% of all mobile searches are related to location.
- 2.1X increase in mobile searches for “stores open now” or “food open now” in the past year.
- 1.3X increase in mobile searches for “where to buy/find/get” in the past year.
- 76% of people who search on their smartphones for something nearby visit a business within a day…
- 28% of those searches for something nearby result in a purchase.
Google has released detailed a report in sept 2016 in a pdf format. You can download from here.